Within the near future, to work successfully in SEO you should have a decent substance promoting technique behind. You need to know why? I’ll let you know in this article, where I’ll likewise clarify the advantages of applying content marketing to your methodology and how to do it . We begin?
What is and what comprises a content marketing strategy?
The marketing of content (or content marketing) is a marketing technique that is based on creating, publishing and sharing content of interest to your buyer person.
If you are wondering about the main requirements to launch a valid content strategy, you can take note from these point:
- Lay out the knowledge you want to transmit to your target audience in different formats: blog articles, downloadable guides, video tutorials, podcasts, infographics, etc.
- Have a well defined buyer who you want to address.
On account of this promoting technique you will have the capacity to work all through the user’s buy cycle . That is, the procedure that a man experiences since he understands that he has a need until the point that he chooses to purchase an item/administration to explain it.
In this process, it is key to awaken your interest with the perfect information at the ideal moment. So you will need different content to answer the questions of your buyer person in any of its phases in the purchase cycle.
Do you need examples? I propose some to apply in the different phases:
- With your blog you can help you learn and create an opinion on a specific topic.
- With your ebooks and whitepapers you can offer comparative information of different solutions to your problem or need.
- On the prices or services page you can show him why you are his best option.
- Through videos with testimonial interviews you can convey how positive the experiences of other clients have been with the brand.
Continuously remember that the substance will have to respond to the necessities and issues of your optimal client , at exactly that point you can manufacture an effective strategy. If you are occupied with evaluating the insights about the production of your purchaser, I prescribe this post with a well ordered manual for make one . Check it out!
Next, I want to explain the advantages of using a content strategy for your company. If you are not applying it yet!
It is likely that you have already heard or read about content marketing on more than one occasion. And, indeed, in recent years this technique has been gaining more and more followers for its user-friendly nature , but, above all, because it meets a number of conditions that please Google:
- Fresh content due to the constant renewal of articles on the blog.
- Information relevant to the user, which he shares through social networks.
- The user is the center and the text is oriented to his understanding of a topic, not the placement of keywords.
This does not imply that when launching a content marketing campaign you will have to forget about working at the SEO level. In fact, there is a very close relationship between one thing and another because content marketing allows you to work on many different keywords . And this translates into an increase in the chances of appearing in the search results .
If this already seems like an interesting point for your business, read on! Surely you can get more out of your content marketing strategy.
As I commented a bit above, one of the great advantages of content marketing is that it allows you to work with multiple keywords. Moreover, there are ways to work that can be very effective. I keep telling you!
In Chandigarhkesari, for example, we have seen that SEO becomes something much more useful if it is approached from a long-tail perspective . Instead of trying to position an article or web page by a highly competitive keyword, the results are more profitable if you search the long-tail of this keyword and write articles related to it.
What advantages are obtained in practice? Working your keywords in this way entails:
- Less competition to be placed in the top positions of search engines.
- Good rankings for the long-tail of the keyword that you consider to be the main one.
- Multiple results that, if relevant, will also be positioned for the most important keyword.
The purpose of content marketing is to attract potential customers through relevant content and quality that can retain them, and later make them end up becoming a customer.
I propose a case study so that you can understand how beneficial it can be to use a content marketing strategy based on long-tails. It is a company whose target keyword was very competitive. Using the long-tail derived from this, with about 30 exact searches per month, they have managed to capture more than 2,000 visits per month. It all adds up!
Before you start: what to keep in mind?
The first step is to prepare a good content plan and pre-schedule the contents that you will upload day by day. It will help you to plan in the long term, to have a greater perspective and visibility, and to be able to differentiate audiences to create specific contents for each one of your buyer person.
The key to success is to offer the right content at the right time. That is, offer your buyer the person the information you need according to the stage of the purchase process in which you are. Also, remember to do it with the most appropriate format, because not only the quality of the information matters, but also its presentation. In addition, it can be a useful tool to get to know your client better. Never miss this opportunity!
These are some types of content that you can use in your content marketing strategy:
- Guides / tutorials
I recommend you take advantage of each one without losing sight of the objectives of the campaign.
Also, remember that listening to your users and collecting their feedback to know what they need and what they are interested in can help you identify which topics are of interest to you and generate content that will add value. There lies one of its secrets!
How to start your content marketing strategy?
The first step is to establish where you want to start. To start up your content marketing strategy, you have two main channels available:
- The blog of your company . This is considered one of the main channels of content marketing and for which I recommend gambling. Writing a blog has many advantages from a marketing point of view and can help you:
- Position yourself for a topic organically . We have seen in the previous paragraphs how to work the keywords in a structured way can help you reach a better position even if your business belongs to a very crowded sector.
- Create valuable content for your readers . You will have your own channel to offer solutions to the pains of your buyer.
- Be known as an expert in your sector . If you work well the contents will be able to create engagement in the users and have them re-consult your blog when they look for information related to your sector. In other words, they will see you as a reference.
- Opportunity to capture records to create your own database . Applying strategies such as offering more elaborate content in exchange for data in forms, for example, you can develop other points of your marketing strategy such as lead nurturing and lead score to accompany your buyer person throughout the purchase cycle.
- Make your brand, product or service known . A blog with quality content and a good SEO strategy will help improve the positioning of your brand, increase traffic to the web of your company and will make more and more people know you.
- Social networks . Through the social networks of your company you can spread specific contents. The most usual thing is to complement this channel with your blog. Thus, on the one hand, you will give greater visibility to your articles and, on the other, you will be able to take advantage of content already generated to adapt it and share it through the networks.
You can get a lot out of the posts of your blog to:
- Create attractive graphics and images.
- Produce videos
- Personalize messages for each of your target audiences or according to the social network where you publish it.
- Create tests
To give more impetus to your strategy, especially at the beginning, you can opt for online payment advertising on Google or on social networks (Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads …). You will get positioned in the search engines and spread your content on social networks.
Also, keep in mind that the content you produce (no matter which broadcast channel you use) will also be a very useful listening tool. Comments, likes, profiles of followers or collaborations with nfluences can offer you a lot of information about how your strategy is working and help you improve it if it is the case.
Once you have decided to bet to start creating content marketing, you will see that it will only bring you benefits!