Coronavirus is a family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. The new coronavirus agent was discovered on 12/31/19 after cases registered in China. It causes the disease called coronavirus (COVID-19).
The first human coronaviruses were isolated for the first time in 1937. However, it was in 1965 that the virus was described as coronavirus, due to the profile under microscopy, looking like a crown.
Most people are infected with common coronaviruses throughout their lives, with young children being more likely to become infected with the most common type of the virus. The most common coronaviruses that infect humans are the alpha coronavirus 229E and NL63 and beta coronavirus OC43, HKU1.
What you need to know and do.
How to prevent contagion:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use gel alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid crowds if you are ill.
- Keep rooms well ventilated.
- Do not share personal items.